The Mark is situated only a few blocks away from the cultural center of the world: Museum Mile. A total of 10 museums cluster Fifth Avenue between 82nd and 110th streets, making the ensemble actually longer than one mile. It is worth the walk along Fifth Avenue even if you can’t make it into all 10 museums as many of these institutions are housed in beautiful landmark buildings.
Some of the greatest artists most famous works, call Museum Mile their home, making it one of the largest cultural collections of art in the world. Matisse, Monet, Caravaggio, Picasso, Pollack, Rothko, Kandinsky, Van Gogh, Rauschenberg, Warhol, Litchtenstein and many other artists, designers and creatives can be found along this stretch of prime Manhattan real estate.
The Museum Mile Cultural Collection:
- El Museo del Barrio
- The Goethe-Institute of New York/German Cultural Centre
- The Jewish Museum
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- The Museum for African Art
- The Museum of the City of New York
- The National Academy Museum and School of Fine Arts
- The Neue Galerie New York
- The Smithsonian Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum
- The Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum